Thursday, April 19, 2007

Very Nice Day

Today was a very nice sunny/81F. It rained last night some time so all the hives got of to a slow start this morning. I guess they don't like the landing strip wet ( lol ). Both hives are bringing in lots of pollen still.

Plants in bloom:
Squash is in bloom and I seen lots on bees on them today.
Tomato is in bloom now also.

Hive "A" has taken down a 1/2 gallon of sugar syrup in the last 15 hours so I guess they are building a lot of comb. I'm not going to open them up and inspect them this week.
Last week they still had plenty of frames to draw out (
3 frames untouched, "plastic foundation").

Hive "A-1" sure has a lot of bees for NOT having a queen so I'm going to open them up and take a closer and frame by frame look unless I see open brood or eggs first.
I sure hope there is a queen in there. They have slowed down their take on the sugar syrup in the last day.

No comments: